Thursday, January 9, 2020

A Valentines Day Message

Have you taken time to notice, the further we get from the simpler times, the unhappier people seem to become. Take Valentines Day for example. It was, at one time, very uplifting to receive a box of candy, and a card with hearts on it. Now, how would you personally react to that? I, for one, would be overjoyed, but I really like candy, and I am one of those who still keeps things simple, and rare.
I like to see that someone has taken the time to actually think about me, in the course of their day, no matter what has, or has not been bought. Sometimes it's a pretty amazing feeling to find out that someone has been thinking about you. That really has no price to it. I to, like the feeling of surprising someone when they are not expecting it, and it never has to cost anything, or much. Some thoughts are very valuable.
Yes, I am under the impression that we tend to over do things now, or even expect too much, when it truly is the little things that make people most happy. I once got a card that said I meant everything in the world to that person, and kept it for almost 30 years before I let it go. Just a card. When you find the feelings that you for someone have are mutual, it means far more than another gift. That moment you see for the first time, you are thinking the same thing.
I would like to wish you a Happy Valentines Day, and even if you are like me, and are alone, it doesn't mean that you cannot make it a fun day. I usually decorate the house a few weeks before, and make something I know I like for a meal, dessert too of course! You can make anything fun if you want to, and have fun at it too. It's all in the attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment